2015 is just around the corner. As new technologies drive the fate of businesses, business priorities will see major shifts in the new year. To help you make most of these changes, we’ve compiled a list of some major big data, technology and marketing trends that you should keep an eye on in 2015.
Digital Megatrends 2015 – The Role of Technology in the New Normal Market
- Sluggish growth in advanced economies
- A shift in economic power to emerging markets
- More value-driven consumers
- An era of heightened risk and uncertainty
- Capitalism revisited
- Mobile devices reach ubiquity
- Cloud computing comes of age
- The rise of on-demand business intelligence
- Social media and collaboration become the norm
- Digital disruption will give rise to new businesses, some created by machines
Marketing trends – How marketing will evolve in 2015
- Transparency will become the most important tool of marketing.
- CMOs will become Chief Simplifier Officers.
- Emergence of the marketing technologists.
- The winners will be adept at agility marketing.
- Media agencies will step up and lead.
- Hispanic agencies will go mainstream.
- Marketing will shift from globalization to personalization.
- Procurement will become more powerful.
- Growing focus on Internal Communications.
- Holding companies will start divesting assets.
- The economics of marketing in a digital world will challenge marketers.
- Content Will Be More Important Than Ever
- Marketing Channels Will Be Even More Connected
- Mobile Will Take Over
- Marketing Campaigns Will Be More Data-Driven & More Hyper-Targeted
- The Laggards Will Finally Adopt
- Companies will learn that publication is only the small first step; value comes from distribution
- Content marketing will become inextricably linked with social media marketing
- Advertisements will become less blatant as marketers begin to favor ads integrated with content
- Companies who embrace content marketing will achieve higher search engine rankings
- The reputation of guest blogging as a content marketing strategy will be repaired
- Budgets for content marketing across most industries will reach new record-highs
- Content marketers will become more sophisticated when it comes to email marketing
- Paid Placements Are Here to Stay: Spend Your Money on the Right Content and Platform
- Marketing Automation Tools Will Change the Way You Play
- Micro-targeting: It’s Time to Really Get to Know Your Customers
- Shift from conversion optimization to experience optimization
- Actionable Analytics and intelligent analytics will witness further rise.
- Content distribution services will become more popular
- The line between software vendors and service providers will blur.
- Several big companies will become new entrants in the marketing tech space.
- The ISV ecosystems around major platforms will flourish.
- The ‘Sharing Economy’ takes on talent.
- Millennials start aging.
Technology- Cutting edge technologies to look out for in 2015
- Risk-based security and self-protection
- Further evolution of Web-scale IT
- Software-defined applications and infrastructure
- Cloud/client computing
- Smart machines
- Advanced, pervasive, and invisible analytics
- Computing everywhere
- Emergence of a truly decentralized internet
- Worldwide shipments of 3D printers are expected to grow 98 percent
- Context-rich systems
- Analysis awareness at all levels of the organisation
- Device independent access
- Flexible scaling in the cloud
Big Data- Revolutionary trends to rock data analysis
- In-Memory Databases
- Non-Data Scientists
- More Sensor Driven Data
- Deeper Customer Insight
- HR Analytics
- No Ownership in Just One Department
- More real-time data
- Re-emphasis on systems of record (SOR) systems
- A new emphasis on data collections
- Hybrid Cloud Gains Traction
Sales- Megatrends for sales organisations
- Highly networked “superbuyers.”
- Micro-segments, macro-behaviors.
- B2C-inspired customer expectations.
- Growth through learning
- Integration of sales and marketing
- A further growth in mobile selling
- Increased focus on sales training ROI
- The Role of Salespeople Will Evolve
- Customers Will Pay A Premium For Verified Results
- Role of salespeople will evolve
Social Media- Top Social Media trends that will dominate 2015
- Good to great: Smarter, more personalized, optimized social
- More metrics
- More money will flow into social media
- Social media companies will become more than just networks
- Continued converged media
- More mistakes
- Mobile first
- Visual brand language
- Breakouts: imagery, messaging, video
- We’ll witness the rise of Ello
- Facebook ad pricing and demand will significantly increase
- Twitter’s new business advertising model will skyrocket in popularity.
- Google+ will begin to fade into obscurity
- Instagram will become essential for image-based social media marketing
- LinkedIn will widen the gap as “the” B2B social network
- Social media marketing will finally be embraced as a core pillar of content marketing
- Staying relevant on Facebook will cost companies more
- Finally, more tools to see if Tweets actually produce sales
- Social networks will dive deeper into e-commerce
- Customer service: Social media and phones work in tandem
- The biggest social media innovations will come through the back door
- Big changes are afoot for the likes of Twitter, Facebook and others
100. Your social network wants to be your wallet
101. Shopping finally comes to social media
102. Smart devices get more social
103. The illusion of social media privacy gives way to the real thing