This article contains a collection of 50 highly popular articles that appeared on the internet in the first quarter of 2019. Our curators had a gala time picking the best of the lot and we are very happy to present it to customer-obsessed leaders like yourself. We hope that these resources will offer interesting insights about various customer strategies as we progress into 2019. Enjoy reading!
Every organization understands the necessity of winning new business but makes the mistake of just focusing on it, and forgetting the importance of customer retention. According to Gartner, 65% of a company’s business comes from existing customers. So it makes sense to build a healthy business model with solid investment in retention strategy.
Following are a few popular articles on customer retention, which our curators found on the internet in 2019 .
- Improving customer retention strategies with unstructured data
- Why is customer churn persistently high regardless of companies’ sustained efforts?
- 5 smart strategies for customer retention in 2019
- Eight tips for increasing customer retention rates
- Retention marketing done right: How to reduce churn and increase revenue
- Customer retention strategy or customer churn strategy?
- Top 10 customer retention pitfalls to avoid this year
- The importance of measuring customer churn
- Improve customer loyalty – 12 customer retention strategies you should try
- 3 proven customer retention tactics you’re likely not using
Customer Lifetime Value:
The importance of customer lifetime value has been understated for a long time. Marketers have been writing about how important knowing CLV is for years, and it’s still being ignored or underutilized. A 2018 UK study found that only 34% of the marketers they surveyed were completely aware of the term and its connotations; and only 24% of respondents felt their company was monitoring CLV effectively.
- Why lifetime value is the most important metric for measuring clients
- Keys to building customer lifetime value
- Future-proof your customer journey maps with these 4 techniques
- Winning the race to revenue in an experience-oriented sales market
- Customer acquisition cost (CAC) vs. Customer lifetime value (CLV)
- Seven tactics & strategies for improving customer lifetime value
- What marketers should consider when using customer lifetime value (CLV)
- Customer lifetime value: Understanding and making the case for it
- New business is not enough; what matters most is customer lifetime value
- Powering the customer journey with data at enterprise scale
Marketers spend a lot of time and money trying to find new customers to replace the ones they lost. But, think why customer’s leave and what can you do to reignite their interest in your brand, so that they stay and continue to purchase from you. A report from the HBR explains why it’s a good idea to win back lost customers instead of letting them go.
- Getting lost customers back
- A guaranteed way to win back customers this year
- How to win back lost customers and drum up sales
- Do you want to winback lost customers?
- Winning customers with integrated data & analytics
- How to optimize your customer win-back strategy
- The 9 best ways to win back an upset customer
- How to win back a customer
- How to recover revenue by recapturing lost customers
- Guide: How to get started with your customer win-back strategy
Downplaying the importance of customer experience is no longer an option for businesses, as the voice of the customer continues to get louder. Purchasers are empowered like never before, and great customer experience drives loyalty and revenue. Recent findings by the Temkin Group found out that companies that earn $1 billion annually can expect to earn an additional $700 million within 3 years of investing in customer experience.
- Customer experience for your most valuable customers
- Forrester’s top customer experience research findings of 2018
- Five ways that customer experience management will change in 2019
- Is CX dying? Seven ways to save customer experience
- CMOs: To get a seat at the digital transformation table, command your customer’s experience
- How blending brand and culture can impact the customer experience
- Ten customer service/customer experience predictions for 2019
- 5 customer experience tips from CX heroes
- How the telecom industry can set the customer experience bar higher
- Why customer experience needs to always be on your mind
In an era where companies are learning to prioritize customer service, any company that doesn’t do so will crash and burn. In fact, Deloitte & Touche found that companies that are customer-centric are 60% more profitable.
- Customer service skills you need to master
- How to build a modern customer service agent workspace
- The AI revolution in customer services
- Why more businesses should invest in better customer service
- The top 10 bad customer service stories of 2018!
- How CMOs can collaborate with contact center leaders to boost customer success
- How important is customer service to success in business?
- Keep the customer satisfied: 4 tried and true service guidelines
- To deliver great customer service, focus on the three things that really matter
- 5 tips to disrupt your customer service and beat the competition
We hope that these handpicked resources will offer you fresh insights on the best practices, tips, and techniques as you plan your customer strategy for 2019.